Below is a summary of rules you need to follow if you want to have an account on this server of Mastodon:
Remember the human. Do not post any profane, explicit, or NSFW content on this server. Additionally, do not post any racist, discriminatory, or hate speech.
You may not own duplicate accounts or more than one account unless You are running a Brand account.
Follow the Goucher Student Code of Conduct.
[Brand] The username and display name of the Brand account must match the content produced by that account.
[Brand] Brand accounts must post appropriate content according to their office and the Terms of Service for Gopherdon.
[Brand] Brand accounts must not spam advertisements or continuously post content in such a way that disrupts the Gopherdon community.
🎉 Welcome to Gopherdon
Gopherdon is an unofficial Mastodon instance for Goucher College that aims to provide a community-driven platform for communication and social interaction, led, run, and maintained by the Goucher community. It also aims to pave the future for social networking at Goucher as a spiritual successor to the Gopher app, supporting a wide variety of third-party apps as well as our in-house Gopherdon apps for the desktop.
👨👩👧👦 Our core values
- Gopherdon will forever be led and run by the Goucher community, from moderation levels down to source code of the apps.
- Gopherdon is a network designed around Goucher for Goucher. It isn't purchased from or controlled by another company, meaning that Goucher owns all of the data.
- Gopherdon respects your privacy at all levels. No one will track your data or sell you advertisements.
- Gopherdon is forever free and open-source software, meaning any student can make their own Gopherdon app to use or contribute back.
📜 Our terms of service
At the heart of Gopherdon is the underlying value of respect and etiquette towards other users. A full terms of service document can be accessed here.
By using Gopherdon, you acknowledge and agree to be an amazing Gopher and comply with these Terms of Service.
🖥 Try out some apps
You can download an app to use Gopherdon easily, including the official Mastodon apps for iOS and Android.
Find an app ›
- Prof. Tom Kelliher and the Goucher IT department for helping set up Gopherdon
- Eugen Rochko and the fediverse community for developing Mastodon
- Marquis Kurt for initiating the Gopherdon project
- Our initial private beta testers for trying out and supporting Gopherdon