Gopherdon Terms of Service
Revised February 2020
This document outlines the overall terms and conditions for using Gopherdon.
- You - refers to the user of Gopherdon
- Moderators - refers to the students responsible for making Gopherdon a safe place.
- Admins - refers to the Gopherdon administrators and developers, as well as the Goucher administration (when applicable)
- Legacy - refers to an account that is owned by someone deceased or is no longer a part of Goucher College (eg. transferred, expelled, graduated/alumni, etc.)
- Brand - refers to a club, organization, or office at Goucher College
Most content should follow basic etiquette rules, especially the ones outlined on Reddit and the Goucher Student Code of Conduct.
"Remember the human. When you communicate online, all you see is a computer screen. When talking to someone you might want to ask yourself "Would I say it to the person's face?" or "Would I get jumped if I said this to a buddy?" (Reddit, 2020).
- Additionally, remember that the people You interact with are very much the people You see on Van Meter Highway.
- Do not post any profane, explicit, or NSFW content on this server.
- Additionally, do not post any racist, discriminatory, or hate speech. This kind of content is not tolerated on any Mastodon server and thus applies to us.
- It is highly encouraged that You use Your real name as Your display name.
- You may not own duplicate accounts or more than one account unless You are running a Brand account.
For accounts that belong to those who have left Goucher, the Admins recommend that You create an account on a different Mastodon server and transfer your account data over if you don't have an existing Mastodon account outside of Gopherdon. Legacy Accounts that belong to those who are deceased will be reviewed and deleted accordingly.
If You leave Goucher and wish to put Your account in an archived state instead of permanent deletion, contact the Mods and Admins within one-to-three months time.
Brand accounts owned by a club, organization, or office must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The username and display name of the Brand account must match the content produced by that account; users, Mods, and Admins must clearly be able to identify a Brand account and verify that it belongs to the owners of the respective Brand.
- Brand accounts must post appropriate content according to their office and the Terms of Service for Gopherdon.
- Brand accounts must not spam advertisements or continuously post content in such a way that disrupts the Gopherdon community.
Other important details
- Should a Mod or Admin decide to ban/suspend You for violation of these terms, You are not allowed to create a new account.
- The Mods and Admins reserve the right to moderate and manage Gopherdon accordingly.
- In a situation where the Mods are unable to resolve an issue, the Admins reserve the right to intervene and take action, respectively.
- You have the right to contact the Mods and Admins to appeal if You feel your account was wrongfully suspended. However, the Mods and Admins reserve the right to accept or reject your appeal on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact the Mods or Admins if you have any questions or concerns about the conditions outlined in the Terms of Service.